Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Patanjali was a Smart Guy

After the yoga teacher training weekends I'm always so impressed with the yoga sutras. I think that's my favourite part of the training - listening to others share about how they understand the different yoga sutras. These are teachings from thousands of years ago and they are so practical and useful even in everyday life today.

He describes obstacles on the path of yoga including not feeling well, getting bored, thinking you're done or don't need it anymore and like that. The obstacles on the path of yoga are the same obstacles on the path to anything really and they're not external. The obstacles are all within us.

I got clear that my Introduction Leaders course at Landmark Education could easily be called "Overcoming the Obstacles on the Path" because that's what we're really doing there. There are many obstacles I'm encountering and they're not new and they're not specific to that course. They're familiar and are the same things that stop me in other areas.

I'm waiting for my next group and CHEO to get in here. The people I'm dealing with in here in the Eating Disorders Program are also dealing with the obstacles on the path. In the program they're given tools to help them overcome their obstacles including training in mindfulness meditation and yoga.

I feel privileged to be working with groups like these that are committed to overcoming their obstacles and living great lives.

No comments: