Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back from the Beach


I'm finally back from vacation and the weekend right afterwards, which included my Landmark course in Montreal and the Yoga Teacher Training in Ottawa. I held the pose I was talking about in an earlier post and now I can release! Ahh. It felt good to do all of that stuff - be in my course until late Friday night, fly out in a snow storm on Saturday, visit in California (lost luggage, Disneyland and all), come home late and go straight to teach and then off to Montreal for my course, come back and start the YTT, get some shut eye Saturday night, lead the YTT again Sunday - and ahh.

A lot has happened I could write about but the main thing I was impressed by this past week was my grandmother. I really got that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

My grandmother is 90 years old. She lives in her own place. She drives a car. Drinks a beer or two. She surfs the net, chats online with her peeps, and seems to generally enjoy her life. She's a strong woman who's had a strong background. She's got strong kids and some wicked grandkids, not to mention great-grandchildren. She contributes to her causes, giving both her money and her time to the things that are important to her. I think it's funny that my grandmother is majorly into Ronald Reagan - I didn't know you could get 2008 Ronald calendars. She loves basketball, especially the Los Angeles Lakers and Kobe Bryant. Even has some framed photos of him in her place thanks to my uncle.

She eats sensibly so she has room for dessert. She loves cereal and ice cream (not together necessarily). She takes walks on the beach. She doesn't like to shop and she cooks using a George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine.

She doesn't tend her garden and this is what she gets.

No comments: