Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Uh Oh

Here I was thinking it was all wrapped up and I was picking up my New Car on Thursday and how grand it all was and then the deal changed. My guy who wants my Echo, well, it turns out that his business doesn't qualify for credit (yet, apparently), and his personal credit is no good. We've been in conversation about me keeping the car plated and insured and him just paying the expenses. No one thinks that's a good idea. I'm all about the goodness of the human spirit and I trust people a lot but there's a reason we have all of these systems in place. As the old saying goes, "trust in God but tie up your camel." People are people after all.

So now I've got to call VW and tell them to hold my car there until I can sort out this leasing thing with Toyota. Either he's got to find a way to get his own plates on that car or else I'm going to need a new person on the scene to lease the car. I guess I could always just cancel the VW deal, potentially losing my deposit, and just stick it out with the Echo. Argh.

I want this guy to have the car - he wants it, it'll be great for him. But I can't just lend him my car for a few months. I mean, I suppose I could, but that's too big of an ask.

I'm back to having car on the brain. So I will breathe, and relax, and feel, and allow this situation to be exactly as it is. And I will make the right phone calls in the morning and continue to have conversations that will lead to the resolution of this situation.

No comments: