Pages

Friday, March 23, 2007

That's Why I Don't Mind Watching Hockey

As it turns out, Chez Lucien's is not really a "hockey bar," which would explain why I don't mind watching hockey when I'm there. If you like to watch hockey, you would probably not like watching it at Chez Lucien's. The TVs are normal size and the sound is basically off and only one of the TVs had the Sens game on. If you're really into hockey, you'd probably want to watch it on a big screen and have the sound up loud enough so you could enjoy the interviews with the players in between periods and stuff.

I guess the truth is, I like Chez Lucien's. It's the closest bar to where I live and I would have to say it's probably my favourite bar in Ottawa. I don't get out to many, but of the ones I've been to, I like it the best.

Sometimes I don't know anybody there, sometimes I know people from yoga, which is how I pretty much know everybody I know in Ottawa - yoga - and it's just comfortable and the music is good and I can walk there and it's good.

Probably the biggest reason I like it is because of who I've been going there with the past few times. I have been spending my time there with someone I did not meet from yoga, who has never been to a yoga class, and who doesn't own anything from lululemon.

Yoga is such a big part of my life and I have been so immersed in it for so long that I sometimes forget that other people don't know about yoga. I forget that people may find some of the ideas I have weird or just unusual, even. To me it's just common sense.

Like after the Landmark Forum, people wonder how they're going to talk to their non-Forum friends, and the truth is, that process is supposed to help you feel more connected to people, not more isolated from them. And that's my experience with yoga - it allows me to feel more connected, noticing more of what's in common, see more of myself in other people, rather than feeling isolated and separate. So whether or not people in my life "get" yoga is not a factor in my connection with them. It's nice when people "get" yoga because then we've got something to talk about and yoga and consciousness are like my second-favourite topics, so that's good, but it's not required for connection and strong relationships.

No comments: