Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Workshop at Omega (Mother-Daughter Yoga)


Can I tell you how excited I am that I get to lead a weekend workshop with my daughter next year at Omega? I'm very excited. When I was at Omega a couple of weeks ago being the yoga teacher on staff, I had a conversation with someone on the core staff about possibly leading a weekend workshop next summer. (There's a big difference between being the staff yoga teacher and being faculty - to me - at Omega. Faculty get nicer housing and have a special dining room, for instance!)

Anyway, when we were talking about it I found myself feeling excited like if that could happen, that would be so great. I mentioned to a few people that I was in conversation about leading a catalogue workshop but I didn't want to get my hopes up too high because way more people apply to lead courses there than actually get to. I practised non-attachment. (Right.) So when I heard back from Jim yesterday, I lit up! Yay!

There's no need to ask me what I did to get the job or what my proposal looked like and all of that because it's only due to my connections there that I had the conversation at all. It's definitely "who you know" in this case! And "who(m) do you love?" Right, Jim? And maaayyybbee there's been some positive feedback about the classes I've led over the past couple of years and maaayyybbeee my cute daughter's bubbly personality won hearts and we would have gotten the gig anyways, but I doubt it.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

I disagree! :) It's not who You know, it's who You are that gave you this opportunity!!! Ultimately you wouldn't have made those connections the way you've made them if you were not you, and this Jim wouldn't love you if you weren't you either, and the positive feedback wouldn't have been the same --it would have been positive anyways maybe, but it wouldn't have been 'Jamine's positive feedback'. So, in my humble opinion and really not knowing well the details of the situation, Jamine got the catalogue course because Jamine made it happen, and Jamine needs to be acknowledged for that :)