Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Yoga Works

I haven't posted in a week, not because I don't have anything to say, but because I've been busy teaching yoga and when I'm not doing that, I've been out playing in the sun! (It's sunny right now too, but I'm in between classes and about to hop on my bike to get to my next class.)

If you want to get the benefits of yoga, you have to practise. It's as simple as that. You can think about doing yoga, you can have yoga dreams, but without the practising part, you won't get the benefits. And when you do practise yoga - it works! You get the benefits right away! Summertime is a fun time to skip off and not do yoga - I know. But if you keep up your practise over the summer then things like long walks or golfing or standing in line at amusement parks or long car rides won't be as hard.

I'm heading off on a long car trip in a few days. I know my yoga for comfort sequence (basically my beginning class) will make that trip manageable. While I'm away not only will I be doing yoga, but I'll be teaching yoga as well! I won't be on a vacation but a change of location, which sometimes is just as good :)

I'll be teaching yoga at Omega and I'm looking forward to seeing my old friends who are still there and to being exposed to all of that great holistic culture! Good food, music, vibes, people - if you haven't been to Omega, I suggest you give it a try. While the Canadian dollar is so high you'll get great value for your money these days.

No comments: