Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Books on a Shelf


I heard once that most people don't read the books they buy. I must have been really young when I heard that because I could hardly believe it. How could you buy a book and not read it, I wondered. Hmm. So I've got more than a few books on my shelf that I have not read. To be fair, a lot of them were gifts, so it wasn't like I went out and got the book on purpose to read. But some of them I did buy thinking it would be great to read them, and then, as you can tell, I just didn't get past the first few pages.

So today I picked up a book I actually bought with a full intention of reading straight away. It came recommended to me and I have had it for a year and have not read it thoroughly until now, and that is Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff. I remember buying it at Omega on Steve Weiss' recommendation. He said it was a good anatomy book and he should know because he's really good at anatomy and yoga! I even saw this book on sale at Costco a few months ago for $12 or something. (And I figure if it's good enough for Costco, it's good enough for me.) Seriously, it came highly recommended and I'm giving it a thumb up too - when I finish it I'll probably have two thumbs up.

Anways, I'm going to back to reading it now. I'm really enjoying it! It's challenging and interesting and a great review.

No comments: