Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Should I Blog or Talk to My Higher Self?


I'm running almost late here this morning as I prepare for the yoga teacher training. I have a bunch of things I want to do in the morning and I have to choose between them. I like to blog, I like to eat breakfast, I like to journal, and like that. Some of you know I have access to a voice I would call my higher self and I've even named her Gurubelle. During the teacher training last month I got into a practice of "talking" to that voice for a minimum of a couple of minutes everyday and writing down what it says.

You might think that if you had access to your higher self there'd be a halleleluja and that would be the end of it. It's not like that though. I don't let her blog, I don't do what she says and maybe someday I'll explain why. Just trust me when I say I don't always want to hear her voice. (It basically ruins my plans.)

So this morning I found myself wondering if I should blow dry my hair or talk to my higher self. As you can see from the picture, I got my hair done. And now that I've told you about it, I still have a few minutes before I have to leave and I'll check in with her and see what she has to say...

3 comments:

April said...

Being a 'hair' person myself, I would go for the hair.... ;)
If I thought about a higher self for me, I would hope that she might be more organized. I'm having a really tough time getting my crap together lately. I need a voice to guide me in home organization.
I think I also might need some guidance with my 12 year old daughter who challenges me in ways that my 20 year old son never dreamed of...
My higher self might tell me to do some housework right now instead of enjoying the sun, a book and a cup of tea on my back deck.
I'm with you Jamine, heading out to the deck to soothe my 'inner' self. She's important too and certainly a lot more fun!

Anonymous said...

Why do you seem so disconnected and almost adversarial with your higher self? Is there no way to integrate her wisdom harmoniously with your every day life?

Unknown said...

Hey XUP - to better answer I'd probably have to tell you more about what the Higher Self has to say. It sometimes goes contrary to what society says and to what I'm already doing. The voice is patient - super-patient - but sometimes the details are triggering, so I resist! It's a much bigger blog posting :)

And April, Higher Voices aren't necessarily nicer voices or softer ones. Being polite isn't always in their priorities either :) Ask me on Friday when I see you and I'll tell you more about what she'd say to the housework sitch.