Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Blended Learning

I'm taking a course right now in "Blended Learning." Basically, I'm taking an online course in how to offer online courses. Sounds simple enough. But it's not!

Blended learning is different than just learning something online from watching videos and completing assignments. It involves a mix of learning styles and is actually quite dynamic.

In my work as a yoga teacher, I do most of my teaching face-to-face. However, as a student, especially when it comes to self-study of yogic materials, I do a lot of my studies online. The idea of putting the two together is pretty interesting.

The course I'm taking right now seems like it's really aimed at education professionals - people who are more in the mainstream in teaching organizations like schools and universities. I'm not quite sure where I fit in as a yoga teacher, but it's early days in the course yet.

I like Swami J's site, even though it's pretty dense. He's recently posted a Udemy course, which is also online (and free and you should all take it if you feel so inclined), but it is really a curated experience of some of what he has on his site already. Part of why I like his site so much and can freely recommend and use is materials is because I've met him and studied with him. That's a type of blended learning I think.

I'm still exploring how I'd use these tools, but it's a fun experiment. You can take it too if you like. #BlendKit2014 is also on Twitter.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am well pleased for the opportunity to have through your blog. I have learned something new and great from your blog. Discover online photo editing course. We put special emphasis on comprehensive learning with practical application and industry training. Students acquire a deep knowledge and will learn concepts like Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Camera Raw interface and study different layers of operation and much more. This graphic design in hindi is for someone who wants to become an expert in all the aspects of Web and Photo Editor. It’s a professional course to make a student ready for the job.
freelance ui ux designer