Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Mother Daughter Yoga at Omega

It's that time again. Time to head down to Omega for Mother Daughter Yoga. This time it feels different though.

Is this the last time we'll do it? Remmy has just graduated from high school and next summer may be busy with a job and other things. Will we be too old of a pair to continue to do it?

As I prepare to be in a workshop that has us look at what our relationships are like and how much we appreciate our daughters and how we can acknowledge ourselves as mothers for what we didn't get acknowledged for, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep it together.

I live alone with my daughter. It's been just the two of us for sometime. The thought of her not being in her room or hanging out on the couch anymore scares me. What will my life be like in a few months when she's not around anymore? We didn't do practice rounds. She didn't go away to overnight camp or go on trips with other people. We've been together for such a long time.

I'm not at all sorry this is happening, in fact, it's what we've been working towards. But now the end is clearly in sight. The finish line is just up ahead. And then my heart will be ripped out of my body and stepped on and I'll be all alone. Okay, okay, it's not going to probably be like that. But I have feelings inside like it will be like that.

Pema Chodron's lineage teaches us to live life with a broken heart. Go around in our lives with that tenderness and vulnerability at times. I definitely have a broken, tender heart. And teaching yoga from that place this weekend, being there for others while I feel my own sad, proud, open heart, will be a challenge. (Don't worry, I've got this.)

6 comments:

Aliyana said...

Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh : Best yoga teacher training school for RYS 200, 300 and 500 hour residential hatha yoga certification course TTC in Rishikesh India registered with Yoga Alliance, USA

Stuart Young said...

I really appreciate your work especially the research part of it which made the whole point very easy to understand. The issue that you have raised through this blog "Android accessories" is actually the one to think on.

study yoga in India

Gym Insurance said...

Your blog article is really a good resource for everybody that wants to read a good blog.
Your blog was absolutely fantastic in which there are great information about yoga training. Keep updating us with your blog.Yoga teacher insurance Australia

Satya OM Yogshala said...

Great and informative blog, thanks for sharing this blog with us. Yoga Teacher Training in Ottawa and Ontario

Catherine Powell said...

Thank you for useful article. Meditation Retreat Thailand

Anonymous said...

I am well pleased for the opportunity to have through your blog. I have learned something new and great from your blog. Discover online photo editing course. We put special emphasis on comprehensive learning with practical application and industry training. Students acquire a deep knowledge and will learn concepts like Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Camera Raw interface and study different layers of operation and much more. This graphic design in hindi is for someone who wants to become an expert in all the aspects of Web and Photo Editor. It’s a professional course to make a student ready for the job.
freelance ui ux designer